Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Break Free, Go Bold!

It has been exactly 1042 days since my last post...

There is no possible way that I will bore you with everything that has happened in my life since, but I'd rather start fresh and with whole new blog as my clean slate. 

So why now? I have been thinking about blogging again, but always felt like it would become just another "thing" and I won't find the time. Deep down I knew I would start again, but I needed that last push..

That last push happened this past weekend. I drove up to Crystal Lake to see what the Crystal Lake Modern Quilt Guild was about (Mainly what the quilt guild was about, since I have never before joined or visited any other guild.), but more importantly the speaker for the month was Jacquie Gering form Tallgrass Prairie Studio

I met Jacquie back in 2008 through blogging. Especially when she worked on the quilt with her mom and asked for ideas for the layout. I love to sketch out ideas and play with different layouts whether they are quilts, vegetables in my garden, trees and perennials in my or my clients yards. I sent Jacquie scanned image of my idea for her quilt layout and she liked it! You can read about that here and here. So this is where Jacquie and I met. 

Well, since then Jacquie quilted and designed and quilted some more and today she is internationally known quilter/ artist/ designer/ teacher. She and Katie Pedersen published a book! I guess, you all can see how excited I was to meet her in person.

Jacquie's quilts are unique, modern and definitely edgy. She has a story that comes with each quilt, some  simple, some funny and others very deep. Inspired by mid centure design and most vintage (No surprised I love her work.) she pushes the modern quilting to another level. 






It was meeting and talking to Jacquie that pushed me to this first of many posts. I realized how much it means to me to have that quilting community of women that share, teach and inspire each other. Being a reader is not enough for me, I miss the interaction. 

So here is to blogging world and to Jacquie Gering!

No comments:

Post a Comment